Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Install TV cable outlet

On Nov 30, 10:42*am, Gary Poltergeist wrote:
I would like to install a TV cable outlet in a wall that currently does
not have one. *I have complete access to the floor from my unfinished
basement, but I'm not quite sure what to do.

Here are the steps I think I need to take:

1) Cut a hole in the wall next to a stud to mount an electrical box on it..
2) Drill from the basement up into the wall (*** how do I do this? ***)
3) Fish the wire up from the basement into the wall and into the
electrical box.
4) Attach faceplate
5) Watch TV

Can anyone offer any insight on how to achieve step 2? *I'm extremely
nervous about drilling through a stud or some other important part of
the house.

Thanks!

Why can't you just drill a 3/8" hole through the floor close to the
wall, and just have the cable come up through the floor? You are not
going to see it anyway behind the TV, and you don't have to cut any
holes in sheetrock. You do not need to put it in a box.