Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote:

So how many people do you think are going to practice regularly at
10
bucks a shot?

Not relevant.

It is to the question of whether they have shot the gun they are
carrying. You asked me why they would not have shot it and I gave a
reason.

Uh, why will a 10 buck a shot tax on ammunition result in "a few
less
innocent people being shot"?

It might.

By what mechanism? "It might" is not or should not be sufficient
justification for legislation.

So you believe that police work for free? Or is it that you
believe
that they have no budget for prosecuting persons who shoot others?

Read and try to understand what was written.

You're the one who said that it was better than the _nothing_ that we
have now.

Oh? So what does happen to discarded wheel weights?

They get processed by authorized hazmat organizations.

Fine, since you seem to think that one cannot obtain used
wheelweights, would you impose restrictions on the possession of brand
new wheel weights?

Digging up a range is a bit different from emptying the barrel
behind
the tire store.

These days it is a hazmat operation.

In that case, I suggest that you go have the cops bust every tire
store in the US.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)