Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default The lesson from the Mumbai mayhem

On 2008-11-30, David R.Birch wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 29, 10:00 am, Ignoramus11056 ignoramus11...@NOSPAM.
11056.invalid wrote:
I have an AK-47... But not grenades though...
Why? You can't defend your house with it.

Why not ? A semi-auto rifle is part of *my* home defense plan ... along with
a shotgun and a handgun . And other weapons , right down to the kitchen
knives , if necessary .

He didn't say "semi-auto rifle", he said AK-47, a select fire weapon.
Although most owners of semi-auto AKs may THINK they have an AK-47.

Of course mine is semi auto. I do not believe that full auto adds a
very valuable capability.

IMNSHO Full auto is not only of no value, it is detrimental in light
weapons, serving only to waste a limited supply of ammunition.