Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor Peter Taylor is offline

Default worktop needed for bathroom

"benpost" wrote in message
well as its just a shelf in the bathroom on top of boxing, it only
needs to be the thinner type, offcuts may be an idea but if its
kitchen off cuts it might only be the thicker 38mm worktop?
do you know if b and q sell the bathroom worktops seperately, i know
they do cabinets and doors customised as you want but i couldnt see
worktops in there when i was in there last.

The granite is nearly always 20mm thick - the kitchen worktops that look
thicker have a double thickness along the front edge only. B&Q won't do it,
we're talking quality here! Go to a marble/granite suppliers. I got
several offcuts to make small worktops in my bathroom - window cill, bath
shelf. You can cut it yourself with a wet diamond wheel cutter or get them
to cut it to size for you, but you probably need to ask them to round off
and polish the exposed edges.