Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Do I need a garage subpanel?

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 23:49:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
I need a 240v outlet right now, and I want to do a full rewire of the
garage in the near future. A subpanel sounds like a really neat
idea. The main panel is just about full already and I just like the
idea of a separate panel in the garage.

But,

A. It looks like it's going to cost a lot.

B. I really don't know what I'm doing.

If it's the right way to go, I'll learn how to do it right and spend
the cash.

Attached or detached garage? Having a sub panel with power tools can save
some trips down to the main to reset breakers.

I'll second that. Do you really want to run into the house when you have
oil, grease, or mud all over you to reset a breaker?

Mike D.