Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT -- A Car Wreck Made in Washington - Can Democrats afford to let Detroit succeed?

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:48:47 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

Don't most German cars sell for 150-300% of the American car prices?
That's why they're still so profitable.

I was looking for national averages but gave up. Yes, I was thinking the
same thing. Then the question becomes, why do they get so much more for
their cars? I'll bet they're getting close to twice as much per pound. g

New or scrap value?

The market and marketing issues in this regard have been tossed around for
decades, but in the end, it's management decisions.

....and grossly exaggerated management salaries which determine (in the
Big Three case, wipe out) profitability.

--
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a
question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.