Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default OT paint car hood

I was amazed that some of the original recordings survived long enough to be
duplicated.

Someone needed to take the initiative to make the trips to some backwoods
Mississippi Delta areas, with recording gear (and batteries, I suppose, or
arrange a session at a location with "fire on a wire") to get those old
musicians' works recorded on tape, to bring back to the "big city".. St
Louis, Chicago, Memphis etc.

It seems that there may have been only a very limited amount of rock 'n roll
without those early efforts. The direction and the music would've likely
been very different.

If the true roots of rock 'n roll would have been Pat Boone or Rosemary
Clooney, what a fuctup youth I woulda had, Oh wait, I did.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:53:30 -0500, the infamous "Wild_Bill"
scrawled the following:

Many of the classic rock hits were created by some very poor musicians
that
were deceased before the rockers ever grew up.

One very interesting documentary that covered a lot of the old blues roots
was aired on PBS a number of years ago (maybe 10 years ago), which was
titled The History Of Rock And Roll, IIRC.
The entire series was maybe 6 hours long, very detailed with some of the
original recordings including Crossroads and quite a few more.

I saw that, way back when I had a TV feed. It was great. I also heard
some of the originals play them on the Sirius Jazz station on the same
satellite feed. I was amazed at the sheer number of them that I
recognized.

Long Live the Blues!

--
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a
question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.