Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Quality at Lidl and Aldi

Alan wrote:
In message , stuart noble
wrote
Mike Dodd wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5258303.ece

The main Lidlphobe on here has recently passed
away. His views on quality and longevity seem sadly misplaced in
retrospect.

On the food front it's pretty obvious you have to pick and choose
where you shop for what. My other half is very picky, yet our (sorry,
her) grocery shop is at least 50% Lidls.

Aldi is an upmarket Lidl 50% of the food in this household comes
from Adli. As you say, you have to be very picky and not everything in
the discount stores is worth buying, but nor is everything in somewhere
like Tesco/Sainsbury.

As an aside, a mate of mine popped into his local baker near Hampstead
tube for a loaf of bread. We had just left the pub so not thinking
straight. Four bloody quid!

As of a recent discussion on here, not everyone can afford to pay £25+
for a litre of Olive Oil, and even more for the 'floor sweepings' stuff
that is adulterated with herbs and chillies. Top quality Virgin Olive
oil is on sale for £3/ litre in Aldi.

It occurred to me at the time that the floor must be waist high in
sweepings.