Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Quality at Lidl and Aldi

Adrian wrote:
Bob Martin gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Where are those people who maintain that quality at Lidl and Aldi is
lower than at traditional British stores?

sticks hand up
The few times I've been in Lidl & Aldi, I've been utterly unimpressed -
to the point of leaving without actually buying anything.

Pointing to the **** that Tesco ("Value") and Sainsbury's (whatever their
pikey-stripy equivalent is) call food as justification for claiming Lidl
& Aldi aren't crap is just pathetic.

Of course there's other stuff that's even crapper. Hell, there's almost
certainly crap that's even crapper than Tesco "Value" "food"...

Doesn't make "slightly less crap than Tesco "value"" a recommendation.

Depends what you're buying. Is there any difference between value
porridge and hand reared, organic, taste the difference porridge?

Processed food is a minefield. I'd rather just fry a piece of steak and
be done with it. Quickest meal I can think of.