Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

jo4hn wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

As this is being typed the news is coming in that gunman have entered
a Toys-R-Us store in Palm Desert, Ca (about 100 miles east of downtown
L/A), and are shooting up the place.

Too early for casualty reports.

The mess in India continues.

What the hell is this world coming to?

Lew

Read up on it at

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5989270.story

Good heavens! Could a newspaper story be any more sensationalized?
Whatever happened to just reporting the facts? Whoever wrote this intended
to make it sound like a movie scene.

No wonder the dead tree media is on its way downhill.

Several clues as to what transpired, who was involved, and the fact that
more gun laws probably wouldn't have had any sort of impact:

"... a dispute between two couples who had 'previous hostility.'"

"... pulling the grip from his baggy pants pocket."

" ... Even after the shooting, one woman was still screaming
angrily. ... "I'm going to . . . kill you right now!" she shouted, slamming
her fists on the car. "I'm going to kill you! Yeah, you!" "

Not a lot to go on, but one can make some inferences. Of course the
reporters don't provide any additional context, they were too busy writing
their Hollywood script.

We definitely need more guns. Worked real good for Beirut, eh?