Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default (in North-East USA): Must *every* leaf be blown from lawn?

wrote in message
On 29 Nov 2008 11:34:13 -0500, (David Combs) wrote:

A couple of people (have nice lawns, gardins, and so on --
and tell me that I *must" get rid of *all* thse leaves.

Question: is this really necessary?

And if so, why?

THANKS!

Absolutely NOT! Leave them on the grass to protect the lawn, them grind them
into pulp with the first mowing. These idiots that remove all the leaves are
the same ones who need to fertilize their lawns. We never have to do that.
Also, these same morons mow the grass so close every week that it turns
brown unless they water it. We never have to do that, either, since we cut
it to a much more reasonable length, and only twice a month. It's not rocket
science, it's a lawn.