Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Need a different Faceplate!

On Nov 29, 5:26*pm, Justin wrote:
Worn Out Retread wrote:
Justin" wrote in message
I am including a picture... *Basically I sawed the space for the timer
on the far right. *Now I'm bring told to put another timer on the
switch second to the far right.
Is there a plate that has the two right "designer" style while keeping
the two switches on the left, standard toggle?

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7317/pb280147dj7.jpg

I am in 110/60Hz land, otherwise known at the USA. *Yes, I plan on
replacing the cream colored switches to match the white faceplate.
People were coming over and I didn't have time.

As other messages show there are faceplates available but the cost is
ridiculous. If I was doing this I would carefully mark out the required
hole and then cut it out using my scroll saw and then finish the edges
with fine sand paper.

I did that to the first one. *The problem is with two the screw holes
are in the wrong place. *$30 bucks may seem like alot, but IMO I like
doing the job right.
ALso, as for switching there whole thing to Decora; I'm ordered to keep
all switches in the house matching, so if I go Decora on that one, I go
Decora on the whole house.
I'm also limited as to the type of timer; since we use Compact Fluorescent.- Hide quoted text -

Here's one link with diagrams of plates Diagram is about half way
down).
Looks like pattern DGD/DS would suit you??????

http://www.arnev.com/?OVRAW=Switch%2...WID=2801855022

Have fun.