Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"J. Clarke" wrote:

And society benefits in what way from people going around carrying
firearms that they have never shot?

I guess you assume they will never be shot.

As far as benefits are concerned, guess it depends on your definition
of "benefits".

A few less innocent people being shot might be a start.

And how much do you think those "proceeds" would be and what
percentage of the efforts of typical law enforcement agencies do you
believe to be devoted to "cleaning up the mess after a shooting"?

I really don't care, anything would be more than exists now.

And would you regulate the possession of discarded wheel
weights?

Hazmat regulations have made the casual acquisition of lead all but
impossible.

The last 20,000 lbs of shooting range lead I recovered for a boat
ballast was a total PITA.

Much more difficult than 10 years earlier.

Would not have been possible without my industrial contacts.

Lew