Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Any ideas for a elevated deer blind?

wrote:

Much of Texas these days is either owned by corporations, or some
doctor/lawyer from Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and/or
Austin.

That happened in my part of Ohio while I was still in high school back
in the '50s.

Unless you were a dues paying member of an organization, your hunting
possibilities were severely limited.

My gawd how I hate that pig story, but every one of those nitwits
seem

to have had that same dramatic experience with the same "old Tusker"
that had killed many dogs, and probably a few men as well.

Several years ago a guy fenced off a big piece of land in SE Ohio and
had wild pigs inside. (Better part of a couple of counties as I
remember.)

There wasn't much you could do with this land, is wasn't very
productive as farm land.

Had a friend and a customer who would go hunting for a couple of weeks
each year to some rather interesting places.

One year he went bow hunting for wild pig in the SE Ohio preserve.

Had the head of that gnarly pig mounted and hung above his desk,
complete with the arrow that had a severely bent shaft draped over the
head.

Lew