Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default (in North-East USA): Must *every* leaf be blown from lawn?

David Combs wrote:

A couple of people (have nice lawns, gardins, and so on --
and tell me that I *must" get rid of *all* thse leaves.

Question: is this really necessary?

And if so, why?

THANKS!

David

They tend to kill the grass where they pile up. But I don't agree that
removing them is required. I have a mulcher blade on the lawn mower and
use that to chop them up where they lie. The next rain or snow breaks
them down the rest of the way. Folks who need a picture perfect putting
green lawn might disapprove but it saves more stuff going to the
landfill and adds organic matter to the soil.