Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default (in North-East USA): Must *every* leaf be blown from lawn?

(David Combs) writes:

A couple of people (have nice lawns, gardins, and so on --
and tell me that I *must" get rid of *all* thse leaves.

Well, if they told you it MUST be true.

Question: is this really necessary?

Depends.

And if so, why?

Leaves lying on the lawn kill the grass underneath.

The dead patches fill in by themselves over the course of the
summer.

The bottom line is, the better you want your lawn to look,
the more meticulous you want to be.

I get rid of most of the leaves but a few accumulate over the
winter. I don't like to walk on the lawn during the winter
especially when it's muddy, that compacts the soil which is
also not good for the lawn. So I don't go and pick up every
leaf all winter long.