Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default 12AX7 failure

Heinz Schmitz wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

There are a lot of things that are involved in MTBF.

Yes, indeed.
But I guess that we are interested in those which we can influence.
Like e.g. (?)
- heating before applying anode voltage,
- avoiding long periods without anode current,

Useless on low power vacuum tubes that are not used in some bizarre
circuit. Its a different matter on high power transmitter tubes.

Your kind posting shares a property with many usenet postings:
It provokes the most valuable question: "Why?".

Why, what? Have you ever seen any provable problems with low power
receiving tubes, or ar you just another tube freak repeating fairy tales
and folklore? Do you have decades of real experience with all types of
vacuum tubes behind you, or are you YAKIAH?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.