Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Stuart wrote:

In article ,
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Good idea in principle, Han, but I doubt it'd keep any firearms out of
the possession of criminals. All it would do is penalize the honest
citizen.

Quite so. The UK has really strict gun laws but it make not one iota of
difference to the criminal fraternity.

... and from what I have read, you are really at the mercy of the thugs.
Honest citizens cannot be armed and cannot even defend themselves without
being prosecuted, while the thugs don't get very heavy sentences.

A study of countries/states/cities with restrictive gun laws has shown
that crime gets worse in those places. Places with concealed carry and
less restrictive gun laws tend to have lower crime rates.