Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 28, 4:25 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
[snipped to amplify my incessant desire to throw my hands up in the
air and screaming: DOESN'T ANYBODY THINK ANYMORE???"
Really ****ing hard to believe ... I should have just gone to Canada in
1967.

Most went back home when amnesty was announced.
In the meantime, I would have fed and clothed you and given you a warm
place to sleep.
Just long enough until you had an opportunity to sort out what was
troubling you.
There *IS* a difference between a coward and a conscientious
objector.
.
.
.
I will never understand what that difference is.

A coward won't. A CO won't but goes anyway. During WWII a CO corpsman
won the Medal of Honor for his actions but would not even take basic
rifle training in boot camp.
Many supposed CO's from Vietnam were cowards though. They didn't want to
go period.