Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Mike Marlow wrote in
:

And those restrictions (not arguing their merit), would do precisely
what(?) to prevent these types of incidents?

Well, where do the guns to commit crimes come from? If everyone has
guns, then it is easy to steal some. If not everyone has guns, and those
that do lock them up well, then (maybe) there will be fewer guns to
commit crimes with.

Do you really feel that
the perpetrators of this type of crime worry about legal posession of
a gun?

No I don't think the bad guys worry about legal possession, but see
above.

Sorry Han, but this is more of the same reactive sort of
thinking that does nothing to benefit a matter, but does a lot to
impare those who aren't your typical, or even your remotely typical
culprit.

Sorry, I can't quite follow what you're trying to say.

Let me just paraphrase what's happened in NYC a numbver of years back.
Police were told to get after farejumpers (people who didn't pay the fare
for the subway, mainly). This way a lot of people left their illegal
weapons at home, after they or their friends had them nabbed by the
police. Either as a result, or because of changing demographics or
because of other reasons, the crime rate went down. I happen to believe
that nabbing bad guys had something to do with it. So good laws and good
law enforcement will help. It's not the whole thing, of course. And
laws like the voting/literacy laws were not good laws.

I'll crawl back into my hole now ...

--
Best regards
Han