Daniel Martin

Default Want Opinions on sliding compound miter saw

Since I owned good 10" blades I decided to go with a 10" slide. I
chose the Bosch and I'm so far very satisfied with my choice. I would
say that the depth of cut adjustment is fairly easy but I have not
used it with a dado blade.

Compared to the Dewalt I find the angle adjustments to be a notch
better. I have recently purchased an orbital sander and I again
considered all brands but it ended up being a Bosch again.

D.Martin

Scott Brownell wrote in message ...
"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

On 22 Sep 2003 07:55:55 -0700, (Mark) wrote:

Hi Guys,
I'm interested in hearing the wreck's opinion on 10/12" sliding
compound miter saw. My criteria areas a 1) Easy depth of cut
setting - I'm thinking I would be able to plow out dado's with
multiple passes on a long board easier than a dado head on the table
saw.

You want a Radial Arm Saw if you're planning on dadoing with this
tool. No SCMS I've ever seen could accept a dado set on the arbor,
nor could it accept a depth of cut setting.

Barry,

The Delta 36-240 & 250 definitely allow you to set the depth of cut.
While you're right about no dado blades I've used my 250 to nibble away
dados in 1x & 2x with no problems.

Scott