Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

Larry Blanchard wrote in
news
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 00:59:17 +0000, Han wrote:

I believe that in order to be allowed to have a firearm, one should
have to pass examinations in firearm safety, mental stability, and
have never been convicted of any crime or tresspass with violent
overtones, including sale of a firearm to unauthorized person(s).
Anyone who fails any such exam should be entered onto a blacklist.

Good idea in principle, Han, but I doubt it'd keep any firearms out of
the possession of criminals. All it would do is penalize the honest
citizen. Anyone who knew they couldn't pass the exam would just get a
gun on the black market.

I guess I am still too much of a 60's idealist ...
(see X-face)

--
Best regards
Han