Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cell phone reception in a new house

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:30:15 -0500, Paul Franklin
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:45:33 -0600, drb wrote:

This may not be the right newsgroup so forgive me. I have a house
that is about 3 years old. I know there is foil lined walls and roof
(inside). As a result the cell phone reception in this house is very
poor except for maybe one or two spots. Any way to get better
coverage inside the house for the cell phone?

Lot's of ways, from adding an external antenna to installing a short
range repeater. What is possible in your particular situation depends
on your phone and the frequency and technology used by your carrier.

Here's a place to start looking:

http://www.alternativewireless.com/i...ion/index.html

You may want to try a different brand/model phone first. I'm found
Motorola phones to have best weak signal performance. You're provider
may allow you to try different phones before you buy one.

HTH,

Paul F.

That's if you can find a Motorola phone that works.My first (and last)
motorola was back for repair/exchange 6 times before they lost it and
replaced it with a new one. Daughter has a Razr or whatever they call
them just about a year old and the battery doen't last 7 hours on
standby.

I have been using, and satisfied with, Nokia phones for several years
before and since the Motorola. (these are GSM phones)