Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick Adams[_2_] Dick Adams[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas, Raised garden

cshenk wrote:

I have mentioned this before but not gotten to it yet.
Real life sometimes intrudes!

What i want is to build a flush to the ground, and open
to the ground at the bottom, TALL LONG raised garden. I
am looking at 36ft long, about 2ft tall, and about 2ft deep.

I was planning to do exactly that before I became disabled.
The first problem is the soil at the base of the garden.
It needs to be covered by a lining. Plastic is good, old
newspaper (8-10 pages thick) is cheaper. Then you are
looking a more then a cubic yard of dirt (Heavy labor).

How you frame it is a matter of personal preference.
The major problem with personal preference only occurs
if you are shacked-up with a woman. Now if you are a
tough guy like me, you will do as she says. My woman
(who had the nerve to think she had naming rights on
my children) insisted on a wooden frame stained in a
lighter color then the brick.

Dick