Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

On Nov 28, 4:28*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
tom wrote:
On Nov 28, 2:25*pm, "Swingman" wrote:
This country, that is ... ever increasing examples of aberrant behavior
makes you wonder:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/...wal_mart_death

Here's hoping the security camera's were working and can be used to
prosecute these idiots, who are arguably more despicable than the
terrorists in India who have motives relatively more noble, by
comparison, than sheer, unmitigated, selfish, consumer greed exhibited
here.

Really ****ing hard to believe ... I should have just gone to Canada in
1967.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Of course it's worth saving, but I think it'll take a major "paradigm
shift" (sorry) regarding economic growth, personal values and birth
control. Not bloody likely, eh? The love of money, and that amazing
effect that our gonads (and religion) can impose, are some of the
culprits. One of the worst things: fear of other cultures' mixing, or
just their proximity, in our societies! Tom

* Say what? *The only left talking point you missed was re-distributive
change.

* Aside from greed, the rest of your rant has no application to the problem
discussed.

* Overpopulation caused people to trample someone?

* Economic growth caused people to stampede?

* Religion caused people trying to get to a sale to act like a mob?

* Xenophobia caused people to do this?

* A cogent argument that unbridled greed along with lack of moral and
religious underpinnings led to the kinds of behaviors observed could be
made here; your talking points don't seem to even address the problem.

Think about it, neighbor. It's all (not just the stampede) about
money, power, real estate and culture. Religion had nothing to do with
this Christmas sale, of course(smirk). Perhaps one might trample
someone to get that special toy for his or her progeny. Gonads, that
is. Legacy. Culture. And the general question of "Should it be saved"
needs to address it's (Whatever "it" may be, still being unspecified)
leading problems. So think globally. However, I'm thinking about a big
sailboat, and leaving anyway. Vote Libertarian! So very far right, I
appear left. Nomex donned. Tom