Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

In article ,
Han wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4P%Xk.1638$us6.1484
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

Subject

As this is being typed the news is coming in that gunman have entered
a Toys-R-Us store in Palm Desert, Ca (about 100 miles east of downtown
L/A), and are shooting up the place.

Too early for casualty reports.

The mess in India continues.

What the hell is this world coming to?

Lew

I believe that in order to be allowed to have a firearm, one should have
to pass examinations in firearm safety, mental stability, and have never
been convicted of any crime or tresspass with violent overtones,
including sale of a firearm to unauthorized person(s). Anyone who fails
any such exam should be entered onto a blacklist.

The right to bear arms should not be extended to those not qualifying.

Hey, my opinions are mine!!

Yes, your opinions are yours *S*.

Criminals don't have sensitivity training, weapons training, scruples,
morals..yadda, yadda.

Sooo.. MY idea, is that in order to be equal to the enemy, one must
think and behave like one. IOW, get a gun when you can, to hell with
regulations. The biggest fear I have, is a government that tries to
disarm its population. What COULD they be up to?

If I am to believe that I have nothing to fear, then nobody should fear
my .50 calibre. It is in good, safe, well-trained hands.
I take care of my stuff, you take care of yours.

And if you know what you're doing, a .50 calibre can take out an Apache
helicopter, talking to it won't work. G