Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default The lesson from the Mumbai mayhem

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Nah! You know that trained, registered gun owners wouldn't panic like
that over most things, Ed.

Not a chance. They'll panic like anyone else.

I'd agree that they would be scared chit less but, not being totally
defenseless has a
calming effect. Also a moderating effect on one's action. I carry
legally. Comes with a
real attitude change if you understand the legal framework that binds you.

Wes

I think that facing three or four determined, fanatical loonies with AK47's
would push anyone except a *current* combat veteran over the limit. The only
question is how many 7.62 mm bullets you'd take before hitting the ground;
and whether it would happen before or after you got off a shot with your
Glock or whatever.

They have every advantage -- especially if they see you pull a gun.

Arming oneself for individual self-defense against normal criminals has a
reasonable statistical chance of working in your favor. In this situation,
it's probably a liability.

--
Ed Huntress