Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jmeehan@columbus.rr.com is offline

Default Swollen Flashlight batteries

On Nov 28, 8:35*am, Nate Nagel wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:08 am, Ernie Willson wrote:
I am trying to get the two AA batteries out of a "Mini Mag type"
flashlight. The batteries are dead and swollen up. They are tightly
stuck in the flashlight body. Any hints about how to get them out would
be appreciated.

The way this light is built I can only get at the base end of the
batteries. The light was made by Brinkmann.

Thanks,
EJ in NJ

* *Just dump it and buy a couple of LED flashlights. *Far cheaper in
the long run and if one dies, OK you got a backup.

Now would be a good time to plug:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=225285-....

best flashlight bang for the buck and you don't even have to mail order
it. *(I have two. *They kick my old 3D LED Mag-Lite's arse.) *Only
downside it it may not be waterproof, but the only weak spot seems to be
the switch. *If you get a silicone seal for that and then put some
silicone on all the threads/O-rings it probably would be.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I have been buying like ones for about $2.50 each I have a couple
I got for less than $2.00. Who cares if they are water proof, just
pull out the other one.