Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Ideas, Raised garden

on 11/28/2008 6:53 PM cshenk said the following:
I have mentioned this before but not gotten to it yet. Real life sometimes
intrudes!

What i want is to build a flush to the ground, and open to the ground at the
bottom, TALL LONG raised garden. I am looking at 36ft long, about 2ft tall,
and about 2ft deep.

Short of 144 cinderblocks, how would the rest of you go about this? The
height is so I dont have to bend over much (back issues) but also it will
raise the plants so they will look nice through the screened porch (unit
going flush to the wall of a long screened porch with a 3ft retainer wall
and screen above).

So far ideas are to make basic wood frame and set it on an outer rim of
cinderblock to keep the wood out of the damp. Also, lining with heavy
industrial plastic in layers so the dirt doesnt leach out too bad.

Poured concrete? Where are you, and how are the winters there?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY