Posted to alt.home.repair

Default does anyone make a toilet seat with solid stainless fittings?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:29:23 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

subject line says all...

replaced toilet seat last year. SWMBO does not like plastic hinges as
they do tend to look grungy after only short use. So we found a simple
white painted wood seat with antique-looking chrome plated hinges.
Assumed they were brass. Were mistaken - they're pot metal, as I can
see now that the chrome is peeling off.

I just want a toilet seat that will last more than a year. Any suggestions?

thanks,

nate

PS - whenever possible, try to avoid being the person that cleans the
bathroom after both residents have been sick for a week. YHBW.

The plastic is the way to go. Recently I bought a (plastic molded)
Eljer toilet seat/lid for $50, seems expensive for what it is. The
screws are nylon. The plastic hinges are easy to keep clean and
don't rust. Walmart has seats for $12, although these are not
quality.