Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Possible causes of "blown" electronics

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 18:41:18 -0800 (PST), BobK207
wrote:

Actually, my area expericend a complete, fairly longterm power
outage....long enough to mess up digital clocks and partially melt ice
cubes & make ice cream "grainy".

Upon reading more about drops (brownouts) or complete power loss....in
high current surge when power is restored can also damage equipment.

I think your comment .................. One could consider a
brownout the opposite of a power
surge, an electrical event in which a sudden burst of power enters the
system.

makes the most sense

cheers
Bob

'Bub is on target, get the "whole-house surge suppressor" installed.
Mounts near the breaker panel (seen in new spec homes).

Black, Brown or "Rolling" outages harm the equipment.

A business may want to visit apcc.com. Software can log the
information (PowerChute) - Copyright © American Power Conversion
Corp., all rights reserved.

Equipment is protected.

http://www.apcc.com/tools/download/i...rycode=US&tsk=