Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default What is it? Set 260

On 2008-11-28, Rob H. wrote:

[ ... ]

1473: Or, if this is an electrician's truck, the ring around a gas
station sign like this:http://tinyurl.com/64u8lm

Or this?
http://flickr.com/photos/delina/2115310294/

Kinda sorta?

--riverman

Yes, kinda sorta, not sure why it would have handles around the outside
though. Here is a larger photo of the truck with its contents, you can
click on it to make it bigger:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...DSC00015-1.jpg

Hmm ... no click to make it bigger, but I saved it and cropped
in as much as I can given the jpeg artifacts. (Not sure how much better
the raw image from the camera would have been -- this one has been
processed by a Microsoft program based on the exif data.

anyway -- it looks to me as though at least some of the holes
around the ring have studs in them facing in towards the center, which
makes it's use as a tire bead setter less likely.

I see two oxygen tanks lying down, instead of locked upright as
they should be. A tank of some fuel gas (I don't think that it is
acetylene, so perhaps propane or natural gas) at the right front
corner. Acetylene would have to be strapped upright to make it usable
without a few hours of upright resting after being turned upright from
lying down.

The rods with the hooks on the ends lok as though they might be
used to hook the blow-molded plastic sign covers in place if it is truly
a ring for a sign.

Of course -- it could be totally unrelated to anything else in
the truck -- having simply been scavenged from somewhere as a source of
metal. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564