Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Stuart"

Well, the UK has, I am told, more security cameras per head of population,
than any other country in the world but we still have many problems.

Due to "human rights" it seems the thugs have more rights than the
victims. There seem to be regular reports in the newspapers of public
spirited people trying to make a stand and being banged up by the courts
while the offenders get off scot free. We, as householders, have no rights
to protect our property and can do little in self defence.

I don't have a problem with cameras but I do object to UK government plans
to monitor all internet traffic.

I'm not surprised. Years ago, when I lived the UK (early 60's), it was
always surprising to me that when anyone was stopped on the street, one of
the two 'Bobbies' who did the stopping would walk off a few yards with his
walkie-talkie, and, in two minutes knew who owned your house, what you paid
in taxes, whether your telly license was up to date, where you worked, how
much you made, and what your blood type was.

Still, since my oldest daughter is married to a POME and lives in Sheffield,
I am partial to the country.

You guys always seem to be about 5 to 10 years ahead of us in cultural and
social issues, both good and bad, from TV programs to privacy issues.
Besides, there is nothing more pitiful/shameful on earth than the **** poor
attempts our TV industry makes to mimic even the BBC's programming.

But ... do us a favor and try to keep that sharia bull**** on that side of
the ocean!

--
www.e-woodshop.net