Posted to rec.woodworking
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

In article ,
Upscale wrote:
The police would like to put cameras up in all the popular tourist
destinations and then the privacy idiots emerge and swarm around like
bees complaining about lack of privacy. Yet, they're the first ones to
scream about lack of police protection when someone rips them or their
business off.

Well, the UK has, I am told, more security cameras per head of population,
than any other country in the world but we still have many problems.

Due to "human rights" it seems the thugs have more rights than the
victims. There seem to be regular reports in the newspapers of public
spirited people trying to make a stand and being banged up by the courts
while the offenders get off scot free. We, as householders, have no rights
to protect our property and can do little in self defence.

I don't have a problem with cameras but I do object to UK government plans
to monitor all internet traffic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...il-992268.html

--
Stuart Winsor