Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default OT - Is it really worth saving any more?

"Swingman" wrote

This country, that is ... ever increasing examples of aberrant behavior
makes you wonder:

The "aberrant behavior" is just normal holiday shopping madness. And this
sort of thing has happened at walmart before. Which is why I will not go
near any of those mob type of sales. Women, in particular, become a
frenzied mob when their are limited bargains available. I wonder what the
evolutionary biologists would say about this.

There was a case locally, a few years ago, in a parking structure at a mall.
The season was Christmas and parking was scarce. A parking space opened up
and a woman driving her car darted into the spot. There was another woman,
carrying packages, walking by. She got run over. The individual who ran her
over ran into the mall to go shopping, leaving her victim laying on the
cement with packages scattered.

Witnesses ran to her aid and called the police and the medics. Sho was
transported to a hospital and the police waited for the hit and run driver.
She came out of the mall and became very indignant when placed under arrest.
Her explanation, "Parking was hard to find and she got in my way."

These kinds of holiday madness events occur every year. Sad to say, but that
is the way it is.