Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default paint car hood

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:09:33 -0600, the infamous Sunworshipper
Sunworshipper scrawled the following:

that often. I kind of like hearing scratches on usb flash drives.

You're one sick puppy.

I wish I had just a hood to fix for the witch. You should see building
a house, she can be down right unreasonable. Oh, and I hear about why
is the shop bigger than the house every week. LOL

'Cuz it'll be your doghouse, too? Awwwwwwwww, you'd hate that,
wouldn't you? giggle

That's right... Gonna cast me into the briar patch, eh? That is how I
get into the most trouble, by spending too much time there.

I'm happy to have a shop with attached house, but I can hardly get
into the shop any more. I need to build another outbuilding for all
the non-shop "stuff" I have. Or maybe I should just build one as a
metal shop so I can keep my woodshop closer and drier. I do more
woodwork than metalwork.

Got to have a detached, too much noise and late at night. The uncle
that is helping me do all this wants to bring all his wood working
stuff over and still kinda apprehensive about that from what I've read
here, but hell lots of space form the moment it is put up. At least
they don't have sand storms up here, what's a little fine saw dust
compared.

I'm single, so I could possibly work whenever, but I don't want to
make too much noise and upset the non-dog owner neighbors.

I can carve, plane, or mortise wood at all hours, though, with quiet
hand tools. The polyurethane mallet for carving is quiet and very
nice to use. I guess that sharpening is quiet, too.

The Siskiyou Woodworker's Guild has a show going on in Ashland this
weekend and I just returned from it (via HFT.) Very nice stuff,
indeed. One guy said he wished he'd had a dozen of the little
intarsiaed chests he built. The only one he built sold at the asking
price ($2,800) within the first 15 minutes of the show. Every surface
was concave. Pics on request.

I plan on building cedar furniture. I know a guy with lots of huge

I have a cubic meter of Jarrah wood from Australia. the only things
I've built with it so far are 1) a Weather Rock tripod stand for DOD
and 2) a top for my carving bench.

trees. Mater of fact I'm running out of time to go visit again to see
if we can cut some down, it's still fall isn't it? The ground is
starting to freeze so it might be a great time now to get into a cedar
swamp with a tractor. I've only built water beds out of 2- 3" X 7" per
side, but I bet I could make some cool stuff if I put my mind to it.

Skillsets and patience (hard) can be learned, but finding the time to
do it all is what nixes it for most people. I don't watch TV or have
a family, so I have all the time in the world. g What am I doing on
this infernal box, then? sigh

I'd love to see pictures. sounds like something I wouldn't spend the
time on, but hey, might give me some ideas.

Get me a valid email address and I'll send some over. Fix my domain
name above with a "v" and use the picture of the one you find online.
I truly hate spam, and I've received 9 of the @#$%^ Pedi Paws spams
today alone.

--
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a
question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.