Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_2_] Sunworshipper[_2_] is offline

Default paint car hood

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:38:43 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:53:43 -0600, the infamous Sunworshipper
Sunworshipper scrawled the following:

And best done by Pat Travers.

Ut ho, spoke against a god.
Kinda like saying something critical about the Packers up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5epHRXgVNE If this is the recording
of which you speak, I disagree, but it's an interesting rendition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdltH...eature=related I've always
liked Alvin Lee a bit better, though.

Hmmm, seen him 3 times in concert and never heard that version. I'm
pretty sure what I'm talking about is on Crash n Burn 1980, studio
version. My stuff is still packed, the 3'X4'X5' crate of LP's is right
there and I have no room for a turn table even if I could find the box
of electronics.

I brought 3 medium moving boxes of my LPs with me and have listened to
only half a dozen of them in 6 years. It's time to part with them.
Unfortunately, most of them were stolen by a friend's brother and half
hit the mud when he took them out of his van that rainy day. I'll be
lucky to get $20 out of them, even with the Hendrix album. My largest
loss was the original Captain Beyond album with one of the very first
laser-etched overlays on the front cover. Cha Ching!

That sucks, but like I've said before, it is nice to collect
metalworking machines cause no one can walk off with them. My Lp's
aren't in good shape , but I have tons of stuff ya don't hear or find
that often. I kind of like hearing scratches on usb flash drives.

I wish I had just a hood to fix for the witch. You should see building
a house, she can be down right unreasonable. Oh, and I hear about why
is the shop bigger than the house every week. LOL

'Cuz it'll be your doghouse, too? Awwwwwwwww, you'd hate that,
wouldn't you? giggle

That's right... Gonna cast me into the briar patch, eh? That is how I
get into the most trouble, by spending too much time there.

I'm happy to have a shop with attached house, but I can hardly get
into the shop any more. I need to build another outbuilding for all
the non-shop "stuff" I have. Or maybe I should just build one as a
metal shop so I can keep my woodshop closer and drier. I do more
woodwork than metalwork.

Got to have a detached, too much noise and late at night. The uncle
that is helping me do all this wants to bring all his wood working
stuff over and still kinda apprehensive about that from what I've read
here, but hell lots of space form the moment it is put up. At least
they don't have sand storms up here, what's a little fine saw dust
compared.

The Siskiyou Woodworker's Guild has a show going on in Ashland this
weekend and I just returned from it (via HFT.) Very nice stuff,
indeed. One guy said he wished he'd had a dozen of the little
intarsiaed chests he built. The only one he built sold at the asking
price ($2,800) within the first 15 minutes of the show. Every surface
was concave. Pics on request.

I plan on building cedar furniture. I know a guy with lots of huge
trees. Mater of fact I'm running out of time to go visit again to see
if we can cut some down, it's still fall isn't it? The ground is
starting to freeze so it might be a great time now to get into a cedar
swamp with a tractor. I've only built water beds out of 2- 3" X 7" per
side, but I bet I could make some cool stuff if I put my mind to it.

I'd love to see pictures. sounds like something I wouldn't spend the
time on, but hey, might give me some ideas.