Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR15 evaluation

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Eregon
Eregon@Saphira.ørg wrote on 28 Nov 2008 03:48:09 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
pyotr filipivich wrote in
:

I've thought about removing the front sight, but it looks to be a
solid & integral part of the front end. Magic Marker to 'blacken' the
ring, so it doesn't reflect as well?

Try using a matte black paint on the top and rear surfaces of the blade.

This also helps with any set of "iron" sights since it provides better
contrast than blued/parkerized finishes.

Old-time target shooters used to use a sooty-flamed lamp/candle to put a
layer of "lamp black" on their sights for this very reason. grin

Thought something like that might have helped. And there I was,
the one time I didn't have a sharpy on me...

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!