Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Swollen Flashlight batteries

Slide hammer? Or drill all the way to the OD and then use a bearing
extractor to get the first one out (and hope the second follows?)

nate

Ernie Willson wrote:
I gave up after about one hour of trying to remove the batteries by
drilling them out. They are still stuck tightly.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

EJ in NJ

wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:08 am, Ernie Willson wrote:
I am trying to get the two AA batteries out of a "Mini Mag type"
flashlight. The batteries are dead and swollen up. They are tightly
stuck in the flashlight body. Any hints about how to get them out would
be appreciated.

The way this light is built I can only get at the base end of the
batteries. The light was made by Brinkmann.

Thanks,
EJ in NJ

Just dump it and buy a couple of LED flashlights. Far cheaper in
the long run and if one dies, OK you got a backup.

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel