Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default paint-protection for plywood, to withstand water, snow, etc?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On 27 Nov 2008 05:11:13 -0500, (David Combs) wrote:

Our basement boiler-room (steam-heat, water-heater, other heater,
all gas) has, up high, a window looking out into a grate-covered
pit. (Grate at ground-level.)

For safety from CO, we keep the window open a few inches,
always, allowing boiler-updraft to drag in fresh air.

Right here- if it were me. . . I'd close the window, install a CO
detector. . . and if it indicates a problem I'd install a pvc
dedicated vent that only opened when the furnace called for air.

After sleeping on it, I'd like to correct that. If I had a CO leak,
I'd *fix* it before somebody died.

Jim