Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Power Feed ?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:15:46 -0600, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:44:05 -0600, the infamous "Terry Coombs"
scrawled the following:

Bill Noble wrote:
In the treadmill, they have a pulley, no gears. this really is NOT
your best choice for a power feed - find a damaged power feed unit
and fix it, you will be way ahead

But , but , where's the challenge in that ?
insert smiley or other whimsical indicator of humor here

Yeah, it's much more fun hanging 250-300# of crap on the side of the
mill and seeing if it tips over on each pass, and seeing how many
times it blows the circuit breakers as it hits on the power cord when
it does tip.

Carry on.

Did you miss the insert smiley or other whimsical indicator of humor here
??

Of course not, and I even included that line. I was carrying on the
whimsical notion you started, Terry.

From the feedback I've received , I've decided to find another use for
that motor/controller . I'll find another way to power feed the mill .
Many thanks for the responses I got , even the humorless ones .

Jeeze, the one time I didn't think I needed to add a smiley...

--
In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a
question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.