Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] Bruce in Bangkok[_7_] is offline

Default Standard radius for metal forms

On 28 Nov 2008 03:24:43 GMT, (thito01)
wrote:

thito01 had written this in response to
http://www.www.rittercnc.com/metalwo...ms-153380-.htm
:
It sounds like I am in need of a solution instead.

The application is simple. A small equipment trailer made out of iron 2x4
tubing. I wanted to mount the axle springs on a sub-assembly made from
angle iron that will then be bolted to the 2x4 tubing. If my needs change
in the future, I can then move the sub-assembly forward or backward to
adjust the tongue weight for the new piece of equipment. So, I needed the
inside of the angle iron to be true instead of the outsides. Is there such
a thing? Or, should I just take some of the 2x4 tubing and cut it
diagonally to create two "L" profiles? Or weld two flats together to make
the angle?

I wanted to bolt though the sides of the angle iron and though the tubing.
Maybe just using some flat and bolting vertically on each side (front and
back) of the spring hangers would be an easier solution.

Maybe, just forget it and weld the spring hangers and just cut them off
and replace them if I need to change the function.

TT

You don;t want "angle iron" you want "steel shapes", "L shapes" in
your case. Google on "steel shapes" to get an idea of what is
available.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)