Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Abrasive Cutoff Saw Issues

"Jon Danniken" wrote

THanks Andrew. I've checked and rechecked that mounting assembly, both
clamshells and the washer/screw. I'm pretty darn sure I've got it right
at this point, but I'm going to pick up another couple of wheels to try
next.

Jon

I wore out four chop saws before I went to a band saw. In that time, I had
about half a dozen wheels that were just screwed up from the factory,
particularly Pearl brand, which were the cheapos of the day.

Bottom line, if everything's right, it should work. If it don't, the wheel
is out of kilter, mounted out of kilter, or something else is throwing it
out of kilter.

Stop and figger it out before you launch yourself into the next zip code.

Steve