Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default How to build metal stud non-load bearing wall?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:15:57 -0800, doug wrote:

Does any one know of a web site for a novice?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

ps.
I live in a condo so my only choice is metal according to the board.

I have used tin snips to cut the flange sides and use one of those
aluminum framing squares that is about 6x6 and a razor knife to score
the back of the 4" side. Bend and break to get square cuts. There are
insulators to run wiring through. This is one I had from a prior project
in my shed.
http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=s7001455.jpg

This is others that are available.
http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?...Number=3203882

Google has plenty of sites. Nothing hard about it.
google.com/search?q=building+with+metal+studs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.mandriva:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a