Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default T-stat repair

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 17:52:43 -0500, Nate Nagel wrote:

Can you hit Rat Shack (if they still sell useful stuff in your area) and
see if they sell little project battery boxes? that might yield
something usable/modifiable for your purposes...

Thanks. They may have something, I dunno the help can find anything, tho.
I'll likely find out if I don't get lucky ...

Alternately, see if
your local Big Box sells copper in sheets? I'd go with plan A though if
you can because battery connections typically seem to be a little
stiffer and springier than dead soft pure copper.

Then it's likely an alloy of copper.

I got some old sheet brass might work, but I read it's only 28% of
the conductivity of copper.

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc