Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Insulating Paint Additive

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:26:19 +0000, Ryan_Hudson wrote:

I have decided that I will be experimenting with thermilate paint
additive. It has satisfaction gurantee, so i guess nothing to lose
here.

Read the small print I expect this "satisfaction gurantee[sic]" will just
refund the purchase price and nothing else. No reimbursements of costs for
removing the stuff etc

To make sure about the temperature difference claim, I will being using
my digital thermostat to record the temperature before and after.

How is that going to prove anything? The thermostat will control the room
temp to what it is set at... You need to know the heat input before with
given internal/external temperatures and wind speed/direction and then
heat input afterwards under the same conditions. Either that or fuel
consumption of a year or two before then compare with fuel consumption
afterwards for a year or two.

He could try a proper experiment..
take a box well insulated on all but one face.
Put in a 40w lamp.
put a sheet of metal on the remaining face
measure the temp in the box after it has stabilised.
repeat after painting metal sheet
See if there is any change in the temperature differences in each case.