Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default T-stat repair

On Nov 26, 6:35*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
White-Rodgers 1F90-51/-60 thermostat from 1985.

Mea Culpa: I left 3 Duracell AA batteries in the unit for years and years..
Corroded the little spade connectors so bad that 2 broke off.

I jerry-rigged something that got it going again, but it's so
flimsy that it could fail anytime. And it's cold, Cold, COLD
nowadays (midwest US).

It looks like a common design. Copper spade connectors that mount
in a groove in the plastic on one end, extend to allow contact
with the battery poles on the other.

Any suggestions on how to do a substantial repair? It's a good
old (4 wire) control and I got nooooooo idea what t-stats they got on
the market currently or how they might wire.

* Thx,
* P

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
* *- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

Its near 24 years old, geeze, dont you think it might be time. Hows
your heating system, maybe 70% efficent