Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Finding a new excuse to go to the shop

Good Thanksgiving Morn. Doctor Smith,

Congratulations on your doctorate, but unless your thesis was on "assume
the mantle if you have it not", it won't count for much on this ng.

I think enthusiasm for turning wood and most other highly intellectual
pursuits usually waxes and wanes over the years from smouldering
addiction to the ashes of burnout. I heard it's in the genes.

Welcome back, stay warm, don't eat too much turkey, give your lathe a
temporary pardon and it will quietly wait for your return.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter