Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Air Compressor/Air Sanding

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:53:11 -0800 (PST), robo hippy
wrote:

I tried a pneumatic angle drill for my sanding. It kept the compressor
running non stop (60 gallon Campbel/Hausfeld, 5 hp). This was okay in
the winter when the shop needed some extra heat, but not in the
summer. I went back to the electric ones. It takes a lot less juice to
run the small electric ones than it does the compressor. I do love
having the compressor for blowing things off though.
robo hippy

Same here, though in your case it's a bit more of a "production" thing..

Much easier to have an electric sander ready than to have the compressor on all
the time, even if it's on standby..
Complications I don't need are added noise, cost of running the compressor,
filtering the moisture out of the compressed air, hoses in the shop, etc...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing