Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Insulating Paint Additive

Ryan_Hudson wrote:
'BigWallop[_2_ Wrote:
;1457675']"Ryan_Hudson"
wrote in
message ...-

-

Word of warning. Wrap anything warm in a plastic bag and it sweats.
This
paint additive thing is just a plastisiser, so coats the surface in a
plastic bag. Yes, it may give some thermal protection and slightly
reduce
heat loss through the surface, but so does any plastic bag. Try
putting
your hand in a plastic bag for half an hour, and you'll get the same
effect.

Try before you buy, right enough. :-)

Thanks for your advice people. Very much appreciated.

I have decided that I will be experimenting with thermilate paint
additive. It has satisfaction gurantee, so i guess nothing to lose
here. My living room is being renovated at the moment so best time to
see if it is one of those just "too good to be true" products.

To make sure about the temperature difference claim, I will being using
my digital thermostat to record the temperature before and after.

well I'll keep you posted about the result.

I can't see that they will pay out - however little difference you
notice. But it is entirely your prerogative to choose what to do. And
*do* keep us posted - I shall be interested.

--
Rod

onset.